The field of English as a Second Language (ESL) pedagogy is a dynamic, ever-expanding landscape. In order to assist educators in keeping up-to-date on the latest research and effective practices in ESL instruction, this section of the portal houses current publications, resource websites and cultural pamphlets, all of which can assist in the creation and maintenance of effective ESL programs and the delivery of sound instruction.
English Learner Reclassification Training Module
The English Learner (EL) Reclassification Training Module assists educators in completing Rubric 1 of the Language Use Inventories during the EL reclassification assessment process. This module provides video examples of EL students using language at various grades and proficiency levels, as well as additional criteria and supportive resources that can be used with Rubric 1 to help guide reclassification decision-making.
The training module is composed of five sections, which can be accessed using the menu located at the top of the page.
- HOME – Reclassification policy to review prior to completing the training
- TRAINING INTRODUCTION – Outline of the training as well as its purpose and training objectives
- DOCUMENTS – Links to the various documents that can be used in addition to the reclassification rubrics when making student reclassification determinations
- GRADES/GRADE BANDS – Language use examples and decision-making walk-throughs
- FEEDBACK –Short survey to provide feedback on this training tool and the resources provided
The training module will be available soon.